Advanced point of care ultrasound (Level 2) course for Emergency Physicians is a two day course designed to provide physicians with learning and skills beyond level 1 scanning and will help expand your ability in areas like ECHO, Lung Ultrasound, Hepatobiliary, Renal etc.
The course will focus on applying the use of ultrasound to make quick and important decisions in critical care situations that will benefit your patients.
This course is applicable for Emergency Physicians with prior experience in scanning but formal level 1 sign off is not required.
- Ultrasound in small bowel obstruction
- Soft tissue and MSK
- Ultrasound in practical procedures (peripheral vein cannulation, fascia iliaca and femoral nerve blocks)
- ECHO (Including assessment of LV and RV function)
- Lung Ultrasound (Blue protocol and how to apply it to your practice)
- Shock scan (Adding everything together to make life saving decisions)